When I came across Comak late last year, I was inspired to design a more comfortable layout. I used many letter combinations and tricks from other layouts (including Colemak, XFU, Dvorak, Capewell, Arensito and NEO). And an evolution program by Aditya Bhargava named KIWI helped a great deal.

nTheia is much more comfortable than Colemak and similar layouts. While technically the fingers have to move more to type English (in German it blows other board including NEO, a German layout, away) they don't jump directly from row to row as much.

This is in part because o and u are on the top row with p and b. And L is on the top row with f and g. And because y is on the same row as the period and the comma is on the home row next to the enter key.

And I aligned the keys so that the left hand is angled inward to align well with the wrist.

To make better use of the left thumb and take pressure off the pinkies, nTheia replaces the left-alt with shift.

nTheia
V F/ G/ M/ L¦ ¬ O\ U\P \B ;:
 S/ D/ T/ N R¦ A E\ I\ C\ H ,?
 / K/ W/ J X Z¦'" Q\ Y\.!\ @

The '¬' and '@' are arbitrary keys that could be used for the backslash and slash respectively (but that would have been confusing with the same character used to show finger position.

The comma and semicolon act as dead keys to free up the alt-gr real estate for programming keys and custom symbols (as per user preference).

"Things will get better despite our efforts to improve them" - Will Rogers
"...even the dog doesn't think I'm a monster." - Humphrey Bogart in The Caine Mutiny (1954)