• You are not logged in.

not sure how to download please help! :)

• Started by bmende
    • 1 Replies:

Hi, I'm pretty sure I first downloaded this version here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pkl/fil … p/download.

That version works for me, but I don't like it because I have to press F1 all the time to hide the visual keyboard on my screen.

So, I tried this version https://forum.colemak.com/viewtopic.php?id=1621, I extracted the files and ran setup for both files and nothing happened. I restarted my computer and tried "Alt+Shift" and it still wouldn't work.

I then tried the default download for Windows and ran setup and extracted files and that didn't work either...

I still have this portable layout with the visual keyboard layout installed on my computer.

Help is appreciated thanks!

Hello. Seems there's some confusion here.

So, the default Windows download is an installer that installs a keyboard layout on your system. You can then select it from the language bar (make sure it's the default layout then).

Whether Alt+Shift works to switch layouts depends on the locale settings. You'll have to check that the right layouts and shortcuts are active.

PKL is an app that needs to be running to work, so what I do is put a shortcut to pkl.exe in my Startup folder. If it's rarely used, you could run it from a shortcut or a PortableApps menu instead.

(From my sig topic you can download a version of PKL that has lots of extras in the layout and .ini definitions. The one at SourceForge is static I think.)

To avoid the PKL help image at startup, look inside the pkl.ini file and you'll find an option there.

I've use PKL as my Colemak++ implementation for years now. It gives way more possibilities than the installer does (such as Extend!), lets you run without admin privileges and is just damn handy. ;-)

Last edited by DreymaR (01-Jun-2015 06:03:59)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***