• You are not logged in.

Stuck on Colemak

• Started by Siraj
    • 7 Replies:

I just bought a HHKB and want to try my speed on it on QWERTY (still learning Colemak) and I also want to try to turn the Control into backspace. However, I can't seem to uninstall it. I downloaded the Windows program to install it but when I tried to uninstall it, nothing happened. I tried running i386 Clear remapping but no change. I also changed caps lock to backspace if that helps.

Thanks

"The Windows program to install it" would be what?

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

I assume OP has used the Colemak windows installer, but wants to temporarily switch back to Qwerty to do a speed test with a new keyboard. Rather than uninstalling, you should just be able to switch back and forth between Qwerty and Colemak in your keyboard settings.  If you really need to uninstall you should be able to do so via the Add/Remove Programs part of control panel.

By the way, if you already started learning Colemak, I'm not sure speed-testing with your new keyboard in Qwerty will tell you anything useful.

Using Colemak-DH with Seniply.

The controller of the HHKB can be changed for a fully programmable custom controller. This means: any layout (including Colemak) on a hardware level.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71517.0

^ This is definitely what you want.

1. Works for logins
    2. works for vms
    3. let's you connect it to other people's computers.

I wish I had a good solution for my mac book keyboard. My mech keyboard has a colemak switch, but i have to do it in software since I type on the laptop keyboard almost half the time, and I would have to switch the sw layout so often.

The good solution is seen in my sig topic! It's a USB-to-USB device that remaps any keyboard input. Unless you insist on PS/2, that's it (and there are solutions for that too).

For HHKB it can be even better: change the stock controller for hasu's controller

True! You could even use my Big Bag solution with a HHKB I think, using Hasu's TMK. Should you want to (and I should!).