• You are not logged in.

7 Years and 8 Months

• Started by jlaustill
    • 6 Replies:

Something just made me decide to figure out how long I've been a Colemak typist for.  WOW, time flies!  I started typing exclusively Colemak on 2008-04-10, which I know thanks to a forum post lol.  So today I did a typing test, 92wpm.  I guess that isn't bad for a coder?  Who else has been typing for years and years now on this layout?  I wanna hear from you :).

Last edited by jlaustill (09-Dec-2015 19:36:05)

Yoohoo! I'm still here, for one. Since back when Colemak was just a year old, December 2006. Holy, next year it'll be a jubilee!

And yes, nice speed!

Last edited by DreymaR (10-Dec-2015 15:04:51)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

DreymaR said:

Yoohoo! I'm still here, for one. Since back when Colemak was just a year old, December 2006. Holy, next year it'll be a jubilee!

And yes, nice speed!

Where's the like button??? hehe

yoohoo too!   Congrats!    I don't show up here much anymore because a lot has changed since January 2007 when I started in ernest to learn Colemak.   I had tried to learn Dvorak for a bit before that and hated it.  Colemak turned me from a stubborn hunt and peck typist into an actual touch typist.  Got up to real speed and never looked back.  It's hard to believe that my 10 year anniversay is coming up in less than 8 months.

I started using Colemak in February 2008, so 8 years now.  I reach 100+ wpm in typing tests but this is a stretch, I don't usually try to type super fast.

Fun fact: I've copied the capslock-as-backspace mod from Asetion even before that (2005?), without realizing at first it was from the same creator.

Hah! What a nice get together we have here! Been a Colemaky since June 2007. Exact same story as Keyboard Samurai. I had Dvorak nailed after three weeks of practice, because I wanted to learn to touch type, but I hated it. Especially the CTRL-C/X/V/Z bit which is screwed up. Went cold turkey on Colemak for three weeks and never looked back. Colemak FTW. Don't you love the reactions of people each and every time they want to use your keyboard and you tell them you have to switch the layout for them? Or better still: They start typing and don't understand why the bleep they're seeing jibberish appear on the screen and try it again and then look up and ask what the heck is wrong with your keyboard. All of a sudden you're the weirdo with the whacked keyboard layout. Never grows old.

jlaustill said:

Where's the like button??? hehe

We have a like button now! Me like! :-D

Last edited by DreymaR (29-Sep-2016 10:23:49)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***