• You are not logged in.

My Colemak Journey

• Started by super_speed2111
    • 2 Replies:

My background
    I’m a touch typist (average 65 WPM/English - typeracer, 84 WPM/Vietnamese – 10fastfinger). I’ve been using QWERTY for 10 years. I’ve started Tarmak (ETROI) yesterday. I’ve tried Tarmak1 in the morning. At first, I felt weird with new “e” then after a while I got the hang of it so I decided to moved to Tarmak2 before I went to sleep. After practicing for 10’, my speed dropped from 42WPM(Tarmak 1) to 26 WPM. Before going to sleep, I always listen  to audio books. While I listen to books, I image I type along audio files . I think it helped me with new keys. In the morning, the first 2 tests I’ve got 34 and 32 WPM.
    After a day, now I’ve got 38 WPM-97% accuracy so I’ve continued with Tarmak 3.

Last edited by super_speed2111 (22-May-2017 10:06:44)

Nice progress! Maybe, just maybe, you should take it just a little slower to reach at least 40 WPM at 97% accuracy before proceeding? That's a suggestion at least.

You know about Colemak-Curl(DH)? Just mentioning it, I like it a lot.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

I think as long as I feel comfortable I will move on cause I type much slower than I could just to make sure I get accuracy right. I have some problems about typing Vietnamese so I chose Tarmak (ETROI) just to make sure after transition I don't have problem with it.  With PKL I can't type Vietnamese, but with standard Colemak I don't have any problems at all.