• You are not logged in.

[SOLVED] CAPS is still backspace!

• Started by LawLombie
    • 5 Replies:

I had installed the CAPS as backspace version Colemak, then I thought that CAPS are still important sometimes.
    So, I uninstalled the CAPS as backspace version and installed the normal CAPS version Colemak. But, CAPS button seems to still be backspace. How do I fix this issue?

Let me know if there are any grammar mistakes! :)

EDIT: I had also run the Clear remapping.reg under Colemak-1.1-Caps-Lock-Unchanged\i386.
    EDIT2: After two hours of sleep, this problem magically solved itself! But, I am still confused about why it solved itself. I want to know why.

Last edited by LawLombie (07-Jan-2018 14:08:03)
    LawLombie said:

EDIT2: After two hours of sleep, this problem magically solved itself! But, I am still confused about why it solved itself. I want to know why.

I'm not sure, but I imagine you didn't restart the computer after you uninstalled the ‘Caps Lock as Backspace’ version and installed the other version right after it. I think something was stuck in your OS's registry or ‘temp memory’. I take it, you turned off the computer while you were sleeping, right?

drujd3ka said:
    LawLombie said:

I'm not sure, but I imagine you didn't restart the computer after you uninstalled the ‘Caps Lock as Backspace’ version and installed the other version right after it. I think something was stuck in your OS's registry or ‘temp memory’. I take it, you turned off the computer while you were sleeping, right?

I did not restart my computer after I install the version with CAPS.
    I also didn't turn off my computer when it was sleeping, but I think that it restarted itself while sleeping.

Last edited by LawLombie (08-Jan-2018 00:04:14)

Yes, a restart is the likely explanation. Sometimes a restart is necessary after an uninstall even though the install didn't need one.

Anyway, you don't want the Caps to be its old self. You want it to be an Extend key!!! Check out the Big Bag.

Last edited by DreymaR (08-Jan-2018 09:40:51)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

DreymaR said:

Anyway, you don't want the Caps to be its old self. You want it to be an Extend key!!! Check out the Big Bag.

What is a extend key?

Check out the Big Bag! It's in my signature. We who use Extend think it's every bit as good as Colemak itself – and easier to get used to!

One you go Ext, you ... errr ... wonder what's next? ^_^

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***