• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • Hotkeys still following the vanilla Colemak?

Hotkeys still following the vanilla Colemak?

• Started by LawLombie
    • 3 Replies:

First things first, I apologize to post 3 posts in a row on the "Technical" forum.

I had switched to Colemak Mod-DH.
    Since I saw a lot of versions of DH, I didn't know which one to download, so I used Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC) to duplicate it myself, and it worked, except for one thing.
    The keyboard shortcuts seem to follow the vanilla Colemak positions!
    Why is this happening?
    Even the Youtube J (backward 10 seconds), K (stop), L (forward 10 seconds), and M (mute) follows the vanilla Colemak!

Last edited by LawLombie (25-Jan-2018 12:37:25)

Welcome to the DH side.

Different versions are available depending on your keyboard type and whether you want the "wide" mod - they are all shown here.

The shortcuts problem is likely because you haven't remapped all the columns in the KLC file. For example, see this one. Make sure the VK_ column is consistent with individual layers characters.

Last edited by stevep99 (20-Jan-2018 16:05:00)

Using Colemak-DH with Seniply.

Luckily, there aren't many DH versions anymore. We've managed to agree on the best one! Well, almost. ^_^

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

stevep99 said:

Welcome to the DH side.

Different versions are available depending on your keyboard type and whether you want the "wide" mod - they are all shown here.

The shortcuts problem is likely because you haven't remapped all the columns in the KLC file. For example, see this one. Make sure the VK_ column is consistent with individual layers characters.

Thank you!

Another thing, it seems that I can't edit the title of my posts anymore! I can't change the title to begin with "[SOLVED]"!

• Index
      • Technical
      • Hotkeys still following the vanilla Colemak?