• You are not logged in.

To Shai: Changes

• Started by jag50
    • 3 Replies:

Shai, in one of your posts, you said that you wanted to make some alterations
    to your layout.  But you decided against it and made the design final.

Could you please tell me, what these changes would have been?

• Shai
    • Administrator

Can you find the aforementioned post? There were hundreds of different variations and designs, but the design of a keyboard always involves many design considerations, some of them conflicting. The final Colemak design is what I feel the overall best.

Shai, the post can be found under 'Accepted submissions: The Asset Keyboard' typed into the Google search engine.  Here is the extract of the post in question;

Colemak has already hundreds of happy users, and I promised that the layout would not change again. I don't see the suggested change as something positive. Not to mention that for every small change in the layout requires dozens of hours to update everything (the images, the typing lessons, dozens of different implementations, Vim, the Java comparison applet, etc.) in about 50 different places.

Last edited by jag50 (09-Jan-2008 22:31:07)

If you read the whole post carefully there at that web site, it's clear (at least to me) that Shai's reference to "change" is to the switching the position of and "R" and "S".  The issue has been brought up a number of times on this forum.  If you read that whole post and the next post he makes below, I think you will get why the final Colemak is "ARST".