• You are not logged in.

Keyboard Layout Files Creator

• Started by 39aldo39
  • 27 Replies:

Hi, Aldo! I've been too silent for over a year now, sorry. I've been working hard on PKL[eD] lately though, and it's finally taking a form I'm rather proud of. For my next commit there will be remaps and stuff, similar to your remap loops. I hope we can harmonize our efforts in this field. I still haven't made stuff like sticky modifiers, but I plan to. And the help images are better than ever. Not sure about the stuckness of modifiers now, haven't experienced one in quite a while...? But I have a Refresh hotkey in case that should happen.

Regarding vVv's code, I've kind of left that by the wayside now that I've reached a similar level in the areas I care about. My PKL[eD] is now up to date on AHK versions, Unicode compliant and full of little tweaks.

Tip: Maybe you could make a signature like mine, linking to this Keyboard Layout Files Creator topic? It's such a great topic, fully worthy of sig-ness!

Last edited by DreymaR (18-Jul-2018 23:08:11)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
*** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Nice work! Defining the remaps using cycles is great. I might take a look sometime and make KLFC generate PKL[eD] mappings.

Regarding sticky modifiers (and chained dead keys), you could take a look at the generated AHK output. For each key with mapped modifiers, I have an array which holds the pressed modifiers. Each time the key is released, the modifiers in the array are released. You could also take a look at the DeadKey function, which makes it possible to have chained dead keys like Compose.

Also, I have finally added a signature to this topic! Thanks for the shortened link.

Create advanced keyboard layouts in various formats using my Keyboard Layout Files Creator!

Here's a piece of hopefully relevant news: PKL[eD] now has a Help Image Generator! So you can turn a PKL layout into a set of state and deadkey state images.

It's quite flexible and can use pretty much any SVG layout image as a template with a little tinkering. Using mine, you'll get an image of the glyphs only but you can add that to one of the background images under the PKL_eD folder to produce a full image with keys in a style of your choice.

You can mark dead keys in a separate layer (in bold yellow by default), or leave that out.

The template image uses my Keyboard Layout Definition format.

Last edited by DreymaR (14-Aug-2018 08:25:12)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
*** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***