• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • issues with some Alt shortcuts in Windows with PKL

issues with some Alt shortcuts in Windows with PKL

• Started by chongc
    • 3 Replies:

Hello there. I'm a first time user using PKL and the default colemak layout on it on a windows laptop (US keyboard).
    I'm having some trouble with shortcuts like paste special (ctrl-alt-v) in office and font settings in google docs (ctrl-alt-1) where the shortcut doesn't seem to work. stuff like window switching and ctrl-alt-delete is working fine though.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
    Thank you!

Are you using the right Alt key for those? Because if you expect that to work as a regular Alt you need to use a layout that doesn't use AltGr.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Is there a difference between the regular alt and Lalt? The default colemak that comes with pkl seems to have altgr replacing ralt.
    I think I used your tarmak layout previously before i deleted PKL and tried to reinstall, the alt key behavior on that worked fine I believe.

No difference between regular Alt And LAlt, no. You probably don't want the LAlt key mapped at all, since that's tricky tracks.

The default Colemak as well as my Colemak[eD] layouts uses AltGr states, so the RAlt key indeed becomes an AltGr key.

My Tarmak layouts are VirtualKey ones that don't use AltGr states, so they should have no effect on the RAlt key.

Anyway, have you seen EPKL? In my extremely humble opinion as its creator, it's a lot better than the old PKL now. :-)

Last edited by DreymaR (10-Apr-2019 09:43:57)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

• Index
      • Technical
      • issues with some Alt shortcuts in Windows with PKL