• You are not logged in.

Colemak Spanish Keyboard Layout

• Started by minusmagis
    • 2 Replies:

Hi,

I've seen several posts that focus on the topic of Colemak in other languages, however, usually they do not attach the setup files of the keyboards but rather registry files and a lot of code. I personally think that if Colemak is to enter into regular people lifes it has to be easy. That is why i want to share the setup for the Spanish Colemak keyboard with capslock as backspace and without that feature. (If anyone knows how to attach files into this forum, please enligthen me, because after 30 min of looking around i could not figure it out. And had to use my Google drive).

I would suggest to add a section on the Main page "Downlads" section where all language layouts would be available.

Links to the Spanish Colemak keyboard: (just extract and run the setup)

(No Capslock as Backspace)
    (Capslock as Backspace)

Hope you enjoy it :)

Last edited by minusmagis (22-May-2019 09:40:16)

I provide Spanish&LatAm Colemak[eD] with EPKL for Windows, and with my XKB code for Linux.

Since you didn't specify what kind of Spanish layout you made, I suppose it's the Spain locale symbols with a Colemak letter setup? What I'd call a Colemak-Es(KeepSymbols) layout.

Also, you may want to specify whether you use a MSKLC installer or something else. ^_^

Last edited by DreymaR (22-May-2019 09:40:57)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Indeed, it is a local Spanish Keyboard from Spain, (i don't know how other spanish speaking countries have their symbol layouts set). The letter layout is the same but with the addition of the letter ñ and ç and the symbols are according to the spanish original QwERTY layout.

I used Microsoft keyboard Layout Creator and build the setup from within the program, however i also included the MSKLC file in case anyone wants to edit it more easily.

Do you think they could be attached to the main page so that anyone could download them (after propper revision)?