• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • Why is the right hand in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ deleted when using Autohotkey?

Why is the right hand in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ deleted when using Autohotkey?

• Started by youBane
    • 2 Replies:

Here is my script.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
    ; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
    SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
    SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
    #Hotstring EndChars :
    #Hotstring O
    :::lenny::( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    :::shrug::¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I type, :shrug: it is replaced with the kaomoji. However, the right hand is missing ¯\_(ツ)_/. This is on Windows using Colemak. I posted this on reddit and someone gave me a solution.

::shrug::¯{U+005C}_({U+30C4})_/¯

I'm not looking for a solution.

What confused me is many people said my script worked for them. So I tried switching my keyboard layout to qwerty and it worked for me!

Why is the right hand deleted when I use colemak? And why isn't it deleted when I use the solution with unicode codes?

I think I figured it out. That "hand" is the macron symbol which Colemak supports using AltGr+m. It's waiting for another character to be typed so it can place the symbol over it.

Not sure. As you may know, I got a set of kaomoji working with EPKL. On the Discord server the left arm of  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ was sometimes affected but that was because the backslash was interpreted as an escape character by the server parser. This must be something else. Hmmm...

[edit: Ah yes, if you type a dead key stuff may happen. With Autohotkey you don't want to use the normal mode but raw input. Use the {Raw} prefix.]

Last edited by DreymaR (19-Jul-2019 16:16:14)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

• Index
      • Technical
      • Why is the right hand in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ deleted when using Autohotkey?