• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • Online typing lessons, can we have larger boxes?

Online typing lessons, can we have larger boxes?

• Started by Hinco Spade
    • 2 Replies:

I am working through the typing lessons. They're fine, but they could be better.

I have a suggestion. Could you please change the "text fields" to "text areas" so that the area to write in is approximately the same size as the text to copy?

It would make it easier to find where you were after you take a break to pound the monitor! :)

• Shai
    • Administrator

It was originally a textarea, but I changed it to an input box because:
    * That way you don't have to move your eyes up and down a large distance back and forth
    * A textarea on the longer lessons might not fit on lower resolution screens, and text-based browsers (users which are more likely to be unable to use TypeFaster or KTouch).
    * Since textarea's aren't exactly in the same dimensions/font of the text, the text is going to wrap in different points of the line, unless you press Enter after every line, and it's better not to. Pressing Enter means either stretching the pinky or moving from the home position.

I'm planning in the future to write a JavaScript based typing tutorial similar to the one in the PowerTyping web site so it will show where you are. In the meanwhile I recommend using TypeFaster or KTouch if you can.

Ok then, you're the webmaster. :)

I tried TypeFaster, but I didn't like it. However, I can use a notepad window along with the typing lessons. ;)

• Index
      • Technical
      • Online typing lessons, can we have larger boxes?