• You are not logged in.

Thank you

• Started by Alatrix
    • 2 Replies:

Hi, I am a new Colemak user (the newest for now), and I wanted to thank DreymaR for all of his keyboards and especially for the It one (I am Italian).
    I will try to be active and collaborate to make Colemak the most used layout! I would also like to thank all the other people (here and on reddit), who helped me in my decision.
    I rearranged my keys with the Colemak-CAW because IMO it is more efficient than the It version from DreymaR since accented letters are available with AltGr (and AltGr+shift for the maiusc ones).

Thank you.

Ps.: I am now typing on qwerty because it would take ages to write this on my new Colemak.

Is this the correct topic?

-Alatrix

Alatrix

Ciao! Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I'd recommend using Colemak-CAW with the Italian variant. I also wonder which is better of the Italian and Spanish ones, where I used dead keys instead.

Welcome to Colemak! I'm sure it'll be a great experience. If you worry about typing slowly, one possibility is to use Tarmak. But my impression is that most people just use the full Colemak right away.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

DreymaR said:

Ciao! Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I'd recommend using Colemak-CAW with the Italian variant. I also wonder which is better of the Italian and Spanish ones, where I used dead keys instead.

Welcome to Colemak! I'm sure it'll be a great experience. If you worry about typing slowly, one possibility is to use Tarmak. But my impression is that most people just use the full Colemak right away.

I read about Tarmak, but since now I've got a ton of time to learn, I am just going cold turkey.
    I am not quite sure if I am using Colemak-CAW, but i tink (using this).

Buona serata e grazie di nuovo DreymaR

(typed on Colemak)

Alatrix