• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • General
  • Update about the petition to get Colemak Into Windows

Update about the petition to get Colemak Into Windows

• Started by NottNott
    • 8 Replies:

Heya, it's about the https://www.change.org/ColemakOnWindows petition, which everyone here should have signed by now, surely ;)

The petition has been given a more prominent spot on the front page of colemak.com, to get it that extra attention it probably needs. Also, there's a ridiculously short survey about how people use Colemak which you can find here: https://forms.gle/dfX84biFh1iWaNjs9. I feel like the sample size is currently skewed toward the advanced users a little too much as our Discord server is full of nerds individuals who use advanced modifications. More data is always good, it's part of our grassroots effort to show MS we've thought about this a little bit.

Will think about going behind the scenes and sneaking up on a change affecter in MS to try and expedite this process a little bit at some point. If anyone's got ideas, let us know.

Happy Colemakking, whatever you use :)

Nice work!

Oh, and good thing you didn't call us nerds. That'd be totally uncalled for.  ( ͡~  ͜ʖ ͡°)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

FWIW, I'm still using vanilla Colemak, as I have been since 2008.

My personal customisations are more about different alphabets/writing systems, particularly Cyrillic (Rulemak layout).

Done, but...

"If you had to choose from the following two options below, what would you choose?"

I don't really see the point of that question. There is no scenario in which people could be forced to choose between those two. Also, the question then unexpectedly presents *four* possible answers.

Last edited by stevep99 (11-May-2020 17:56:09)

Using Colemak-DH with Seniply.

SteveP: The point of that question must be to determine whether we as a community should badger Microsoft into adding Colemak with or without the CapsLock to Backspace change. Since so many users use variants, it's a valid question: If forced to use one single standard variant, which one would you go for?

(I suppose that Colemak-CAWS won't be a standard variant, heh.)

Last edited by DreymaR (12-May-2020 10:45:00)

DreymaR said:

SteveP: The point of that question must be to determine whether we as a community should badger Microsoft into adding Colemak with or without the CapsLock to Backspace change.

But in that case, why not ask exactly that question: "In the event that Microsoft include Colemak in Windows, do you think it should be with or without the CapsLock to Backspace change?"

I struggle to see any benefit of obfuscating the question by asking something different.

Using Colemak-DH with Seniply.

That would indeed be clearer. However, there really isn't much of a point in flagellating that deceased equine any more now, is there?  ¯\(º_o)/¯

Last edited by DreymaR (12-May-2020 14:01:14)

stevep99 said:

But in that case, why not ask exactly that question: "In the event that Microsoft include Colemak in Windows, do you think it should be with or without the CapsLock to Backspace change?"

In hindsight, that's indeed a superior question. Oh well :P

stevep99 said:

Actually, I've just added that in as a third question.

• Index
      • General
      • Update about the petition to get Colemak Into Windows