• You are not logged in.

What layout would Tony Stark use?

• Started by knightjp
    • 5 Replies:

I posted a thread on reddit asking the above question with a Poll.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KeyboardLayout … you_think/

Since I've been on lockdown, I've rewatched the Marvel movies and a number of lines and phrases suggest that Tony Stark likes efficiency and proper ergonomics. And you see him using a weird keyboard in the first IronMan movie.

So in the spirit of fun and dabbling in the hypothetical, which layout do you think he would use - QWERTY / Dvorak / Colemak? Feel free to check it out if you like and vote.

Last edited by knightjp (23-Aug-2020 11:37:55)

I think it's interesting how several alleged (evil) geniuses still use QWERTY in movies and comics. I really think they wouldn't.

Of course, it'd have to be at least Colemak-CAWS!  (ಽ  ಸ ͜ʖ ಸ)ಽ  But why not a steno board, if they're so smart!? Anything but stoopid stoopid QWERTY at least.

https://gfycat.com/unacceptablepoliticalafricancivet

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Oh, by the by: Knock yourself out if you have the time and interest for it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb … ideo_games

( のvの) c[_]

Well if someone was a genius, you would think that it is better for that person to use a layout that is more efficient. Stands to reason.

However what is more efficient on paper is not always the case in real life. Say in a movie, there is an emergency and you (the hero) need to use a computer terminal, it would be horrible if you said, "I can't because this is using QWERTY and I use only Colemak / Dvorak". Or if you were typing on the system and you were hunting and pecking or typing all wrong letters because you don't have the skills to type on QWERTY quick enough.

I do have a theory though. If you watch IronMan and you see Pepper using Tony's office computer, she was able to type on it; which kind of gives us two possibilities -
    1. Tony used QWERTY (horror of all horrors)
    2. She herself used the same keyboard layout as he did.

OR it could be 3. This is all idiotic and not even relevant; Tony used Colemak, which is the best, end of story.

regular_expressions.png

Regular expressions do save my day from time to time, so there's that.  (Θώθ )

The "what if QWERTY" scenario is irrelevant for a Tony Stark type mind. He'd of course be perfectly fluid both on his layout of choice and QWERTY. Probably Dvorak too for good measure.

I just realized that maybe those people wouldn't bother marking their keyboards at all. Tony Stark would have a ninja caps board of course.