• You are not logged in.

Installing Colemak

• Started by Fisherman
    • 3 Replies:

I've been using QWERTY for ever and I've been thinking about trying out Colemak mod dh. I installed autohotkey, but I am completely lost as to what to do past that. Which version of Colemak is the most recent/best, and how to I install the keyboard on windows 10?

I don't understand what you are asking. You installed AHK and mapping files and you want advice on how to approach learning it? Or you installed AHK but are having problems configuring it? Or you have the AHK mapping files but they didn't work for some reason? Or something else entirely?

There is only one base Colemak, but there are some mods to base Colemak, such as the DH one. For this, there are Windows installers in the downloads section, as well as some example AHK mappings files, or you can use DreymaR's EPKL implementation.

Last edited by stevep99 (31-Aug-2020 17:39:05)

Using Colemak-DH with Seniply.

I found the different mods, and it seemed that there were 5 vesrsions of mod dh. And yes, I would say that I dont know how to configure AHK, because I dont know how to use it at all. I've been to that page before, but I dont know how to implement it with AHK.

Last edited by Fisherman (31-Aug-2020 17:48:15)

AHK is just a programming language. Remapping with it means you either have a script that defines your remappings and run it with AHK, or you use AHK2EXE to compile that script with AHK into a program that remaps for you.

My EPKL is an AHK script that's really big and advanced and can do all that for you. It also does a whole lot more. I'd advice looking into it at least, which you can do by reading the Windows/PKL topic in my BigBag.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***