• You are not logged in.

Turning EPKL off

• Started by bph
    • 3 Replies:

Hi All,

I've just installed latest EPKL windows release and all working perfectly

Quick question though - it there a way of turning EPKL off after running it? i.e. returning to original QWERTY layout?

You can turn it off by menu or hotkey; see the Settings file for the available hotkeys. But it sounds to me as if you'd rather want to suspend EPKL? That keeps the program in the background so you can easily get it back up.

In the latest release you can even specify suspendingApps, programs that automatically suspend EPKL while their window is active.

If you want to return to QWERTY but keep Extend and other stuff active, you can have a QWERTY VK layout on switch and just switch to that. Again, there's a hotkey for switching layout, by default Ctrl+Shift+2.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

hey thanks dreymar, that should solve the problem

using epkl on windows for first time as opposed to linux where my caps is mapped to ctrl I have been exposed to your exend layer for the first time! I like!

hope all is well with you

All is well here, thanks. Yeah, Extend keeps getting more awesome as I develop it further. I now use Tap-or-Mod (ToM) Extend, which is furthermore set up as a Mother-of-Dead-Keys (MoDK). The power, the power...!  ♪~└[∵┌]└[・▥・]┘[┐∵]┘~♪

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***