• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • Colemak Mod-DH installation not working on Mac

Colemak Mod-DH installation not working on Mac

• Started by Chris2021
    • 1 Replies:

Hi all.

I never used Github before but tried to download the files contained within the folder and add them to the correct folders on my Mac. I logged out and in, and restarted the machine, but can't get them to appear in the System Preferences.

https://github.com/ColemakMods/mod-dh/tree/master/macOS

I clicked on the "Colemak DH.bundle/Contents" folder, then "Resources" and then downloaded all of the .icns and .keylayout files and put them in my Keyboard Layouts folder for both Macintosh HD and Users. Nothing shows in the Keyboard preferences. Checked both the the English and Other sections. Am I missing something important?

Running Mac Catalina 10.15.6. Any help appreciated.

O7RmpC9.png

Last edited by Chris2021 (19-Dec-2020 21:03:33)

You don't have to extract the contents of Colemak DH.bundle or Colemak DHk.bundle. Just copy those 2 files (or either) straight to /Library/Keyboard Layouts aka Macintosh HD > Library > Keyboard Layouts directory if you want to enable the keyboard layout for all the users, or ~/Library/Keyboard Layouts aka Macintosh HD > Users > {USERNAME} > Library > Keyboard Layouts directory if you want to enable the keyboard layout for a single/specific user.

This is how /Library/Keyboard Layouts on my M1 Mac running macOS Monterey 12.0.1 looks:

kmRMJuzqdK.png

I didn't logged-out nor restarted the machine, and the keyboard layouts appeared immediately under Keyboards > Input Sources.

rnqtJeK2e9.png

I hope this helps you (if you still looking for a solution) or someone having a similar issue.

Last edited by dipakcg (22-Dec-2021 16:47:06)
      • Index
      • Technical
      • Colemak Mod-DH installation not working on Mac