• You are not logged in.

Colemak shortcuts on another layout

• Started by Rasul
    • 3 Replies:

Hi there! I'm using MacOS Big Sur and I have some issues with Colemak. So, I've already got used to using colemak shortcuts, but I'm from Russia and here we have another layout which is using QWERTY shortcuts layout. And because of that I have to know how to do one action in 2 layouts at the same time. It's so stupid...
    Is there any problem solutions? I really want my second layout to use Colemak shortcuts...

I'm not familiar with MacOS layouts, but when a Windows layout has different shortcuts from its output it's because the Virtual Key codes aren't set as they should. I don't know how you define the VK code for a key using MacOS, sorry.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

DreymaR said:

I'm not familiar with MacOS layouts, but when a Windows layout has different shortcuts from its output it's because the Virtual Key codes aren't set as they should. I don't know how you define the VK code for a key using MacOS, sorry.

Yes, I see what you mean, I tried to google it but I found no answers... I can't believe that millions of people who have 2 or more keyboard layouts and use Colemak face this problem and there's no solution...

Have you found a solution to this problem?