• You are not logged in.

Techinal issues after using colemak

• Started by James1982
    • 6 Replies:

I have give access to setup.exe and use colemak layout. But after i open file explorer, the screen goes black and the pc restarted. After the pc restarted, the pc goes very loud and the pc goes normal again. I opened the explorer again but still it does the same. I have use system restore but it takes longer than it should be. I think uninstall it must be the solution but i don't know how to do that and will it works? Please help me?!

Last edited by James1982 (18-Sep-2021 15:17:12)

Unless you need the layout for gaming, it's safer to run a non-installed solution like the EPKL program. But it's tempting to have a MSKLC install beneath it nevertheless; I have that too. Really not sure what went wrong for you there! But you should always do a restart after installing a MSKLC layout on your system.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Ouh? I have restart my pc like 4 times after i installed it.
    I think uninstall it is just the way to recover my pc. But i don't know how. Do you have any guide to remove it completely from my pc? Yes, I say completely. I am preety sure it was because of the layout. If you have any safer method to use it without messing up mp pc or OS, you can tell me. Maybe with it, I can reinstalled it, but i am too scared of my pc goes worse.

Last edited by James1982 (18-Sep-2021 15:29:07)

First, make sure it isn't added anywhere in the locale settings (Settings → Time & Language → English (US) or wherever you have it → Options).

Then, uninstall it (Settings → Apps & Features → Colemak etc.)

Woah, i didn't expect it to be so easy. I thought  I have to run command prompt and powershell to do the code things? And delete registry to just uninstall COLEMAK. Thank you for your help. I will tell you if it works or not.

Last edited by James1982 (18-Sep-2021 15:58:32)

OH MY GOD! WOW! It really works. Now my explorer dont crash my pc again. You are my lifesaver. I was scared for a night because i can't use my pc. But now, I wan't to use Colemak but i am scare if this pc got unstable after i installed it. Are there a safer method to install Colemak without messing up with my pc. For someone who get into same troubke like me, first uninstall Colemak like above. Then, I use the method in another forum "difficulties uninstalling or reinstalling" or something like that. And it WORKS! Yay

d( ^◇^)b

I'll add a little guide to the EPKL MSKLC README so that future users may benefit. These problems happen now and then, and many don't even believe they do...

Last edited by DreymaR (20-Sep-2021 08:34:21)