• You are not logged in.

Swedish layout - been using it for a few years now.

• Started by Håkan
    • 1 Replies:

My current layout:

QWFPG JLUYÖ
    ,ARSTD HNEIO.
     ZXCVB KMÅÄ

I found that replacing , and . with å and ä facilitates a comfortable flow when typing Swedish and now after using it for a few years, not sure how many, at least 3 years,  I am quite happy with it and have no intention of changing anything.

Currently using split ortholinear keyboards; primarily Ergodox and Corne, at home and at work.
    Far more text than code.
    Mostly Swedish and English 50/50%.

I prefer the special-letters-in-the-middle approach of my Colemak[eD] variants, and I've used that for Norwegian for many years. Then again, on most days I write more English than Norwegian anyway.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not a bad idea to put the relatively rare special letters in those slightly awkward positions where you put them though I think, except the position of your Ö which I think is a bit too good for its usage. If I were going for such a tack, it'd help further that I now have punctuation on the home row with a thumb leader key (the EPKL CoDeKey). At the moment I'm using æøå on CoDeKey then `/[]` the most, as sequencing is easy and those are quick rolls using the Wide mod.

Last edited by DreymaR (08-Apr-2022 14:21:16)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***