• You are not logged in.

Downloading Colemak DH

• Started by Gruggler
    • 1 Replies:

Hey, I have been using the standard Colemak layout for about a week and have now learned of the Colemak DH variant and I want to switch to that. I can't figure out if there is a way to download it like the standard Colemak, that is having it inside of windows instead of using something like Epkl or Autohotkey which I don't like at all. I am pretty sure there isn't a way since I have watched several youtube videos on it and checked the Github but it's worth a try instead of switching back to standard Colemak. Tia

There are several ways. Not sure if you didn't like AHK or if your dislike also included my EPKL program, but that's one way for sure. On the colemakmods page there are downloads for plain Colemak-DH in different formats, including (MS)KLC installs which install the layout as a Windows layout like the standard ones. Make sure you follow instructions and restart your computer after installing.

Make sure you get the best variant for your keyboard. If your keyboard is row-staggered, you should look into using an Angle mod correctly with Cmk-DH. See the Community page:
    https://www.colemak.org

Last edited by DreymaR (23-Oct-2022 13:13:28)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***