• You are not logged in.

Hit Progression Wall

• Started by hypernon
    • 2 Replies:

I have been typing on colemak for about 6 months now, with decent amounts of training on monkeytype and nitrotype. I hit 110 wpm on the 15-second test, and 90 wpm on the 60-second test. I have been at this skill level for around a month and a half, and I have identified the problem as same hand bigrams and trigrams, especially ones that involve the middle, ring, and pinky fingers. When I try to type quickly, my fingers lock and hit the keys all at the same time, not in the correct order. Does anyone know what kind of training I should do to remedy this problem? Thanks!

Have a look at my BigBag Training page, there are lots of tips there including expert ones!

Also, I encourage you to check out the Colemak Discord, which has both #learning and #speedtyping channels with lots of clever and enthusiastic users in them.

Disclaimer: I'm not that fast myself, I just listen to people and think. From your description though, it sounds as if you could try Sophie's tack of bursting words. It's helped people combine accuracy with burst speed, which sounds like it could help you.

Last edited by DreymaR (21-Apr-2023 12:12:17)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Where can I find Sophie's bursting words?