• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • General
  • Easy to remember URL for a Colemak portable

Easy to remember URL for a Colemak portable

• Started by Kupari
    • 4 Replies:

Hey, I've been using Ryan Heise's Colemak portable for a while (for use with computers when I'm away from home). I found a Polish site that was a lot like tinyurl but let you specify the name. Anyway, the URL I've been using is hvk.pl/clmk. That's pretty easy to remember, I think. Enjoy.

Last edited by Kupari (26-Mar-2008 04:59:23)

That's an old version, isn't it? The newer PKLs have a nice onscreen image, better support for all sorts of states (I think) and whatnot.

Now we'll just need a way of specifying different languages/layouts in the URL, I guess?

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Well, we'd probably have to resubmit it. I'm really looking for some basic portable. Is there one that follows the layout better that you can link me to? If there is, I'll try to make another one. (I'll need ideas for what the new URL should be—I hope whatever you guys come up with isn't taken.)

Is it possible to have a colemak executable (doesn't have to be in a neat URL) that doesn't set CapsLock to Backspace?  I find that this setting proves too fragile for AutoHotkey -- after a while I ending up typing all UPPERCASE and the only remedy is to exit, fix the CapsLock in QWERTY and re-start.   Very frazzling this can be.

I do have my own AutoHotkey script that doesn't set CapsLock, but it is not the single-file variety that Ryan Heise has, and which I don't know how to make.

The beauty of the later PKL versions is that they can run just about any layout from an .ini file that can be generated in turn from a MSKLC .klc file! So you could use the standard Colemak .klc or slightly tweak the .ini that comes with PKL to achieve your desired de-cap (pun intended) Colemak.

The only way I know of setting different layouts up as URLs, would be to upload several copies of PKL at different locations. Maybe Máté can think up something, though.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

• Index
      • General
      • Easy to remember URL for a Colemak portable