• You are not logged in.

Trouble installing on Win XP x64

• Started by suicideguy
    • 2 Replies:

I have Colemak working on my 32 bit Windows install and on my SuSE install but I recently installed my extra copy of WinXP x64 and am having trouble installing Colemak (which I desperately need :D).

I get the following error message:

"The keyboard file Colemak already exists on this machine in the system directory.  Installation cannot continue."

Any ideas? Any way for a manual install?

I'm guessing the installer is somehow trying to reinstall it on my 32bit install and not on my x64 install...if that is the case, I have no idea how to change that.

Last edited by suicideguy (25-Nov-2006 09:46:02)
    • Shai
    • Administrator

As far as I know there aren't any tools available for creating a keyboard layout for 64 bit versions of Windows.
    The new version of Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC) which supports Windows Vista and Windows 64 bit will be released within the next month or two. Unless someone volunteers to create a new version of the installer, it might take a few extra months before I'll be able to create a new version of the installer with Windows 64 bit support, because my computer is too old to run Windows Vista/Windows 64 bit.

See also the previous thread on this issue

• Shai
    • Administrator

There's a new version of MSKLC that supports 64-bit versions of Windows. I hope to create a new version of the installer soon.