Hey everyone!!

I'm Gopi and I guess I'm the newest user to have started the switch from QWERTY to Colemak.

I use Windows Vista and that was where the problem started. My friend gave me a Colemak Installation (yesterday) and well, it didnt work. I Googled, found the Vista edition and installed. Must have done 'something' wrong the cause the whole keypad went haywire. Even removing the languages wouldnt help.

Finally, I realised I was running the XP version and the vista version concurrently and removed both of them. I then installed only the Beta. It worked! Painful, but it worked.

I then downloaded TypeFaster and also the Colemak Layouts that it requires.

I was soon wishing that it had an option to HIDE the on screen keyboard - I would never learn with my eyes moving involuntarily to the redmarks on the keyboard.

To solve this, I changed the TypeFaster layout to "US English". And it worked. Note: Do this ONLY after a day or two.

Also, play the game. Its pretty nice. And once you force yourself to type in Colemak, you'll learn in a VERY short while.

Its REALLY great (up until now)...Hope to see it included in future retail editions of Microsoft Windows...

And yes, I've practiced for about two hours and have really picked up (wrote this in QWERTY though..)!!

Thanks Shai and good luck!

Last edited by reddox (30-Oct-2010 16:43:02)