• You are not logged in.

I love it!

• Started by daaave_reid
    • 5 Replies:

I'm really just posting so I can be included in the "how many people use Colemak" stats :-).

I am a 80wpm Qwerty typist. I installed Colemak on both Windows/Mac and used Typefaster to learn. I am doing the "Qwerty by day, Colemak by night" approach for 2 weeks. In about 1 more week I will be ready to switch over to Colemak full time and start building speed. Right now I'm 20-30 wpm based on Typefaster numbers.  I spend 5-10 minutes per day on Typefaster--that's all it took me to learn Colemak--indeed, easy to learn.

I'm already looking forward to not having carpal tunnel syndrome later!

Fascinating.  It seems like this really is turning into a viable approach to switching.  Maybe this is just the sort of grassroots thing that could cause Colemak to eventually reach a tipping point and explode!

:-)   Okay, I can hope, anyway.

Revolution!  "Si se puede!"

Last edited by keyboard samurai (03-Apr-2008 18:23:41)

After one month, I'm at about 55 wpm (hi-games typing test). I find that I'm gaining about 5 wpm/week.

The hardest thing has been certain letters. D/G is an ongoing battle, so is J/H/K, as is I/O/U. Pretty much everything else has been smooth sailing.

My wrists and forearms already hurt less at the end of the week!

Hooray.

At the 4.5 month mark, I'm up over 70 wpm. The only really outstanding issue is d/g...still getting my dogs and gods mixed up when I type fast :-)

Great stuff. Keep us posted when you match your previous qwerty speed.

daaave_reid said:

I'm really just posting so I can be included in the "how many people use Colemak" stats :-).

Please add me to the list too, if you don't mind.

I am quite glad to have recently found Colemak. It is an excellent alternative to QWERTY.