• You are not logged in.

"xset r 66" in xorg.conf

• Started by jrick
    • 2 Replies:

I have followed the instructions on this site to install Colemak, and have added it directly to my xorg.conf (caps lock key doesn't play nicely with KDE4's keyboard switcher).  However, the caps lock (backspace) key doesn't repeat.  I must manually run "xset r 66" every time I start X.

Is there a way to add this into xorg.conf, and if so, can this be added to the Xorg installation instructions?

jrick said:

I have followed the instructions on this site to install Colemak, and have added it directly to my xorg.conf (caps lock key doesn't play nicely with KDE4's keyboard switcher).  However, the caps lock (backspace) key doesn't repeat.  I must manually run "xset r 66" every time I start X.

Is there a way to add this into xorg.conf, and if so, can this be added to the Xorg installation instructions?

I don't know of a way to do this in xorg.conf, but you can add the command in your user's X init script (.xinitrc or .xsession), if that applies to kdm.

Well, I'm just using startx with my .xinitrc (not KDM), so that should work.  Thanks!