• You are not logged in.

Context sensitive layout implementation for Linux

• Started by Nher
    • 1 Replies:

I made a program to do this on Linux 2.6, see http://cslh.sourceforge.net. git repository is at
    git://cslh.sourceforge.net/gitroot/cslh. It would be nice if some of people here tried it out, I'll be glad to fix bugs and
    implement any feature requests (yet better let someone else do it).   I'm kind of a C beginner so advice
    on my coding style too is needed if you can bother.

What I'm most interested in is ideas how to make good context sensitive layouts, or layouts from others.

[EDIT] my english is so good
    [EDIT] it's just getting better

Last edited by Nher (26-Apr-2009 20:36:37)

kind of bump. Version 0.2.2 is for download. Support for character sequences was added, ie you can implement things like typing 'za' will print 'that' (and z is typed with double-tap or smth), which is nice. Also, if anyone managed to get the 0.2(.0) version, well it had some epic bugs so you should retry as the later versions actually work. Then see 'info cslh' for some documentation.

I'll next see if there's a way to take X's layout into account, so that there's no retarded need to switch qwerty on/off all the time and the layout definition becomes more portable.