• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • Linux question - Will colemak overwrite the standard qwerty layout?

Linux question - Will colemak overwrite the standard qwerty layout?

• Started by Mandor
    • 4 Replies:

From the install instructions on the wiki I remain with the impression that it will overwrite the standard layout (and it will be no longer accessible through shortcut), rather tahn just add one more layout. on the other hand this should be possible to be dome with other layout than 'us' (or not?).

And some few more questions - when I use more keyboard layouts (like non Latin ones), what should I put in the XkbSymbols for them - empty entry with comma, like the one for XkbVariant? And does XkbSymbols conflict in some way with XkbVariant? (Particularly, I use a 'phonetic' layout for Bulgarian).

No, I think it won't overwrite the standard one

It doesn't overwrite the standard layout--it is not even available by default. You have to activate it in the Windows Control Panel, and it is even possible to set up a hotkey for switching between Qwerty and Colemak.

Qwertie said:

It doesn't overwrite the standard layout--it is not even available by default. You have to activate it in the Windows Control Panel, and it is even possible to set up a hotkey for switching between Qwerty and Colemak.

Umm...
    http://xs512.xs.to/xs512/07064/colemak.png

Dark, behave. This isn't a pwning contest so show some social skill, hmmm? Besides, David meant... ummm... XWindows of course. Yeah, that's it. Maybe.

But yeah, you win. gg.  :)

Last edited by DreymaR (08-Feb-2007 12:26:33)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

• Index
      • Technical
      • Linux question - Will colemak overwrite the standard qwerty layout?