• You are not logged in.

'Key Hero' test. Includes Colemak as option

• Started by Jag02
    • 5 Replies:

Here is the website: https://www.keyhero.com/

The Start button still isn't working for me when I'm logged in. Too bad. [edit: Fixed now!]

Last edited by DreymaR (17-Sep-2009 09:21:08)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Well, I'm logged in, and I have a desktop computer with Windows XP Professional, SP3 and IE8 on it.  It works fine for me.
    Have your tried emailing them?

Last edited by Jag02 (31-Jul-2009 14:16:16)

I've been discussing this with Marc3 on the KeyHero chat, but no solution thus far. It just happened a while ago after working fine for a goodly while. Then it went wrong, and it doesn't matter which computer I'm trying it from.

When I'm not logged in, I can take the test (but that's not as much fun). If I'm logged in pressing the Start button doesn't do anything and pressing the text field you're supposed to type in makes a blue frame appear around it but nothing else.

Ah well, there's always higames!

Yay, Marc3 fixed the problem! Now KeyHero works perfectly even on my account there. Nice work.

I'm very happy with this game. It has a curve of the population speed distribution on the front page, which is fairly interesting. It has a curve of your typing speed during each test, which is quite interesting. Even more interesting though, is the error-logging feature! It analyzes your mistakes and groups them into transposition, casing, doubling and other. Turns out I make a whole bunch of transposition errors! And those who aren't marked as transposition mistakes may turn out to be ordering problems nevertheless, anticipating a character later in a word by too much. This conclusion isn't based on guessing but on thinking through what I just typed wrong.

Having realized my biggest problem will hopefully help me fix it. Thanks, Marc!

Analyzing my 'other' mistakes reveals that I'm frequently typing neighboring keys (such as C for V or R for S or vice versa). Maybe that could be another error category?

It'd be nice if you could press Enter for the next test. Mouse-clicking in a typing game should be kept to a minimum.

Last edited by DreymaR (17-Sep-2009 09:45:55)