• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • portable colemak works on XP, not on windows server 2008 (?)

portable colemak works on XP, not on windows server 2008 (?)

• Started by urlwolf
    • 2 Replies:

This is very strange.
    Portable colemak:
    portable colemak works on XP, not on windows server 2008 (?)

works on XP, just installed it on my laptop.
    But not on windows server 2008.
    it says: "you must set the layout file in pkl.ini."

But it is set!
    the very first var in that ini file says layout = colemak

Do you have any idea what can be wrong?
    Is the ahk source anywhere, so I can track the error myself?

Thanks

Yes, um. PKL isn't based on this forum, but on the AHK forum. On the other hand you may not have an account there. Let's hope that Farkas looks in here, then?

Or, to spread your chances out you might try the SourceForge forum and/or the PortableApps one; although those topics seem fairly deserted.

However...

If you set layout = colemak, you should have a directory [main pkl folder]\layouts\colemak where the layout.ini is. Make sure you have the access rights for that on your running account. For instance, if you made the folder as admin a user might have problems reading it later?

Same goes for the pkl.ini file in the main pkl folder - gotta have the run rights for that too. But I suppose you have that covered.

If you only need the layout.ini itself, you could always run pkl in 'compact mode' - set 'CompactMode = yes' in your pkl.ini and put the file(s) for the colemak layout in the main pkl folder. See if that does the trick, if it's a workable solution for you.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

DreymaR said:

Yes, um. PKL isn't based on this forum, but on the AHK forum. On the other hand you may not have an account there. Let's hope that Farkas looks in here, then?

Or, to spread your chances out you might try the SourceForge forum and/or the PortableApps one; although those topics seem fairly deserted.

However...

If you set layout = colemak, you should have a directory [main pkl folder]\layouts\colemak where the layout.ini is. Make sure you have the access rights for that on your running account. For instance, if you made the folder as admin a user might have problems reading it later?

Same goes for the pkl.ini file in the main pkl folder - gotta have the run rights for that too. But I suppose you have that covered.

If you only need the layout.ini itself, you could always run pkl in 'compact mode' - set 'CompactMode = yes' in your pkl.ini and put the file(s) for the colemak layout in the main pkl folder. See if that does the trick, if it's a workable solution for you.

Yep, have an user there.
    btw, right-click properties told me that file permissions were not ordered (?). It offered to order them, and I said yes. Still not working.

Tried the portable mode, that didn't work either.

Tried the sources, with the latest ahk (1.48.3). No dice.
    Will post a ping to the ahk thread...

• Index
      • Technical
      • portable colemak works on XP, not on windows server 2008 (?)