• You are not logged in.

I can not install Colemak.

• Started by Jag02
    • 3 Replies:

Hello. I have Windows XP Professional.
    All my problems started when I installed  .net framework software.  I needed the software because I wanted to use (The Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator MKLC)
    Now I can't install any software on my computer.
    I managed to use 'restore' point to get rid of .net framework software.  But version 2 will not uninstall.
    Now I tried to install Colemak software (colemak.com) which uses a .msi file.

Please see below for error message:

Error reading from file: C:\DOCUME~1\Jag\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 5 for Colemak-1.0[1].zip\i386\Colemak.dll.  Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

• Shai
    • Administrator

Make sure that all the files have been correctly unzipped.

Doesn't everyone and his dog have .NET on their comps these days? It shouldn't be uninstalled, as lots of apps may want to use it; it's like having Java on your machine. I have both a couple of 1.# and the 2.0 versions myself.

I shouldn't think that .NET itself is to blame for your problems. Try cleaning out your temp files as best you can, and like Shai said don't just open a zip archive and run something from within it but unpack it properly first and then run the installer.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Thanks for your help.  I unzipped the files and now everything's working great.  I've kept .NET framework version 2.0 on the computer.