• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • Colemak.vim turbo navigation broken in Vim 7.3

Colemak.vim turbo navigation broken in Vim 7.3

• Started by itwastrees
    • 4 Replies:

I recently upgraded from gVim 7.1 to 7.3, and up turbo navigation no longer works (right, left, and down still work, though). When I type "U" (shift "u"), I seem to get five undos instead of five ups. This is what I have in my colemak.vim:

nnoremap <silent> N @='5n'<CR>|xnoremap <silent> N @='5n'<CR>|onoremap N 5h|
    nnoremap <silent> U @='5u'<CR>|xnoremap <silent> U @='5u'<CR>|onoremap U 5k|
    nnoremap <silent> E @='5e'<CR>|xnoremap <silent> E @='5e'<CR>|onoremap E 5j|
    nnoremap <silent> I @='5i'<CR>|xnoremap <silent> I @='5i'<CR>|onoremap I 5l|
    inoremap <M-N> <C-o>5h|cnoremap <M-N> <Left><Left><Left><Left><Left>|
    inoremap <M-U> <C-o>5k|cnoremap <M-U> <Up><Up><Up><Up><Up>|
    inoremap <M-E> <C-o>5j|cnoremap <M-E> <Down><Down><Down><Down><Down>|
    inoremap <M-I> <C-o>5l|cnoremap <M-I> <Right><Right><Right><Right><Right>|

This was discussed in the original (big) colemak.vim thread (beginning around here), but I couldn't figure out whether anybody hit upon a solution (vim keymappings look only slightly more intelligible than gibberish to me).

Last edited by itwastrees (09-Oct-2011 03:01:14)

Why is it mapped in such a complicated way? This seems to me like it would work perfectly well (for the normal mode mappings):

noremap <silent> U 5k
    noremap <silent> N 5h
    noremap <silent> E 5j
    noremap <silent> I 5l

Just add it to your .vimrc and you should be good to go. If you don't know how to do that just search online or ask here.

Thanks! It works.

The complicated mappings I was using are from Shai's colemak.vim.

The purpose of the complicated stuff is to make e.g. "2U" go 2 times 5 up instead of 25 times. But if you don't use counts it doesn't matter.

I too had been having quite some difficulties making the turbo navigation work. The whole buttons were completely messed up in their respective functions as Itwastrees have mentioned here. Anyway, I was able to easily solve the issue thanks to the script posted here and now it works correctly.Has anyone tried out any landing page software, which one do you prefer?

Last edited by javin (09-Mar-2012 15:48:30)
      • Index
      • Technical
      • Colemak.vim turbo navigation broken in Vim 7.3