• You are not logged in.

DreymaR's Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks - PKL/Windows Edition!

• Started by DreymaR
  • 155 Replies:

Interesting! Yes, I see how Z could trip up Polish with the AngleZ mod. One possibility is using FatZ with the Z on the former LShift key, but tweaking modifiers can be a bit tricky unless you're on a programmable keyboard in which case it's simple enough.

[Edit: OK, I've uploaded the Wiechciu Cmk-eD-Pl_ANS_CurlAWide variant with the latest EPKL commit just now. It's got the marked ZXCV positions for the Extend shortcuts, using a custom Extend remap and local Extend help images. I didn't fix the Extend3 Kaomoji layer, but these days I use the MoDK Shift+Ext-tap Kaomoji dead key instead of Ext3 anyway. I did not upload the dead key images you generated, so users have to make their own if they use that layout. Note that to use them you need to have img_DKeyDir = .\DeadkeyImg in the layout.ini file.]

Last edited by DreymaR (10-Jun-2020 15:25:12)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
*** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Would I be able to use this software DeymaR to get my keyboard running with Colemak-DH with my Finnish QWERTY layout? Or am I able to use the software to map them myself? If there is a wiki or guide I'd be more than happy to read them through and leearn myself!

Yes, you'll be able to make any sort of variants. I suggest first looking into my Finnish/Swedish Colemak[eD]-FiSe-(Curl)AngleWide, to see if that'll work for you. That comes out of the box.

There's a "For Dummies" guide but it doesn't teach you layout modding. The README on GitHub, and poking around in the files, are the most informative sources.

Last edited by DreymaR (22-Oct-2020 21:29:05)

DreymaR said:

Yes, you'll be able to make any sort of variants. I suggest first looking into my Finnish/Swedish Colemak[eD]-FiSe-(Curl)AngleWide, to see if that'll work for you. That comes out of the box.

There's a "For Dummies" guide but it doesn't teach you layout modding. The README on GitHub, and poking around in the files, are the most informative sources.

Thank you once more for the help!

Hi,

I noticed that when i enable EPKL with Colemak the letters change but the symbols stay the ones of the language the PC is set on is there a way to fix that ?

Thanks

Hi Shen! If you want proper support it may be better to ask on the Colemak Discord as that's better for chatting.

Not sure what you mean but maybe I have an idea: The VK EPKL layouts only move keys around so you will indeed get whatever is on those keys in your OS layout. You may want a wholly mapped Colemak layout, one such is Colemak-eD which uses my AltGr mappings. Do you use the AltGr key for symbols? No matter if you do or don't, it's possible to map only the first two shift states too if you wish.

Last edited by DreymaR (25-Dec-2020 16:47:05)