• You are not logged in.

Colemak en español (ACTUALIZADO)

• Started by martinrinconbotero
    • 11 Replies:

Hola. He creado una variante de Colemak para teclados en español (solo para Mac, usando el programa Ukelele), y he subido los archivos a Google Drive (no necesita registro).

Aquí está el .keylayout que tienes que copiar a Librerías/Keyboard Layouts.
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0mGRX … zBPbjZxTEE
    Y aquí el pdf con las ilustraciones de la distribución del teclado.
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0mGRX … mFYZHhMWlU

Utiliza los mismos símbolos que el teclado Qwerty (tildes, paréntesis, etc.).

¡Saludos!

PD: Ahora la w va sin cambios respecto al colemak en inglés. La ñ al lado izquierdo puntea mejor para las 17 palabras más comunes con ñ, según la lista de las 1000 palabras más frecuentes en español de la RAE.

Last edited by martinrinconbotero (15-Jul-2012 18:14:18)

¡Hola! Hope you can communicate in English; it's not my language either but it's the common form for this forum. :)

I've done two layouts. See my signature. I'll get back later on the details, no time right now.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Yes, I can communicate in english! Just thought that this was going to be interesting only for people who speak spanish, since the layout is for spanish keyboards.
    I'm new to the forum anyways. Could you explain the "see my signature" thing? Are you talking about this link https://forum.colemak.com/viewtopic.php?id=1438? I couldn't find anything related to a spanish keyboard there.

I see there that you have 2 localizations for spanish. The thing is that those localizations are for english keyboards, and what I did was to actually take my keyboard (spanish ISO) and adapt it to Colemak. If you look at this pdf, you'll know what I'm talking about. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0mGRX … W1GWlJLcmM

Last edited by martinrinconbotero (13-Jul-2012 22:25:55)

Thanks!

I see. I'd recommend using the same key for W as the standard Colemak does? In the spirit of not changing anything unnecessarily? The locale QWERTY layouts over the world have done several things like that but they make for a less consistent world for people who use different locale keyboards.

Last edited by DreymaR (15-Jul-2012 02:49:44)

Thank you!

I've studied the ñ/w issue now with the 17 most common words that use 'ñ' out of the 1000 most common words in spanish, and it turns out that the ñ is best at the right side of the keyboard, so the w should be placed where it originally was! The thought on the ñ at the left side was that this letter normally goes with vowels, so if I can have the ñ at the other side of the vowels, that statiscally would be better for hand alternation, but that was too much of a general thought. It probably works well for a lot of cases but it turned out that for the most common words it doesn't. I will then update both files.

Interesting. At any rate, they're both relatively rare letters which should in itself be an incitament to not mess overmuch with them.

W is not a naturally occurring letter in Spanish :)

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

First post on this forum! Typed with a Colmak layout. The "J" above is the first time I've used the j-key :)

Welcome! :)

Yeah, this goes for several letters in several languages, most often W X Z or even K or C. However, my impression is that hardly anyone use their PC to type exclusively in Spanish or whatever-language-we're-talking-about these days. For me it's at least 50/50 between Norwegian and English each day. For each typist this ratio will vary but if you choose to lose one of the latin letters completely it will likely annoy the hell out of you at some point.

Since we've established that Colemak is fairly good for Spanish and very good for English I think it makes sense to use one layout for both. Since letters like ñ are rare (even the é in French which is more common than several other letters only stands for 1.9% of key presses after all) they can be put at the edges of the keyboard without problem. And as I've mentioned, changing the positions of rare letters is unnecessary and one of the faults of the Dvorak layout compared to Colemak.

Last edited by DreymaR (10-Aug-2012 11:11:56)

I totally agree with you, mate. I live in Colombia and I hardly ever type in Spanish.

I currently have this as my desktop: http://folk.uio.no/obech/Images/Colemak … gerBg+.png

And yesterday I bought this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CX … PDKIKX0DER

It's a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Black switches and 11 extra macro keys (that can double with the touch of a button) that is quite economical.

I'll probably receive it in a month or two. My only complaint is that the "B" and "J" keys are in no-man's land and that the "Z" "X" "C"  are crammed so that it feels more natural to use my index finger for the "C", middle finger for the "X" and ring finger for the "Z".

You should try the Angle ergonomic mod! Then you'll need a 105-key board and the one you've bought looks like a 104-key one unfortunately. But believe me, it's a GREAT way to make a traditional keyboard much better to type on! And very easy to learn.

The Angle mod solves the situation for all the keys you mention except J. I especially love the shorter B stretch, but the main selling point is straight wrists.

Hé creado una districución para Español basado en la distribución latina de QWERTY PARA WINDOWS
    Espero que sea útil.

Aquí les dejo mi post

1.jpg
    2-Shft.jpg
    3-AltGr.jpg