• You are not logged in.

Two weeks in via Tarmak

• Started by nate62341
  • 29 Replies:

After 4 days on Tarmak Phase 4, I decided to move all the way to colemak.  Just spent an hour practicing and am at 29wpm and 94% accuracy.  I decided to pull the trigger because I didn't want to start learning roles on one of the transition layouts.

This has been an interesting 4 week transition period.  Way easier than when I learned Dvorak years ago.  I can't wait until it starts to feel more natural.

I'm definitely leaving my keycaps arranged in Querty format so I can actually hunt and peck my password when booting my computer.  The Querty skills have completely evaporated.

You can change your password to something QWAHZXCVBM1234567890 and it will be the same in both Qwerty and Colemak.

You can add another Colemak user to your ranks.  Pretty much have it down now, to the point that I don't really think about it anymore.  It was a fun process, and I'm happy I did it.

Now, debating if I want to keep any Qwerty skills, because right now they are gone.

I dropped Qwerty completely when I had reached 25wpm in Colemak. Focusing on one layout exclusively improve the speed quickly.

Welcome to the ranks, soldier! :)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
*** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***