• You are not logged in.

Daily Log

• Started by saysomestuff
  • 29 Replies:

It's still a decent idea to drill your weak points a bit now and then, whether found out on your own or by analysis. I trust you've read the Amphetype topic from my Big Bag?

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
*** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

DreymaR said:

It's still a decent idea to drill your weak points a bit now and then, whether found out on your own or by analysis. I trust you've read the Amphetype topic from my Big Bag?

I do drill my weak points, but I don't find them "on my own", because I don't really manage to see what makes me slower, it's almost never what really is making me slower, things that I think are problems really aren't when I see them in my amphetype log. So I do long form typing, and when I feel like it I'm doing some drills over hard trigrams or most damaging words that has occured more than 5 times or something, I'm not drilling too much but a bit at least.

Yeah, me too. I had no idea that 'what', 'where', 'which' etc were so troublesome for me but apparently they are.

Not trusting the "viscosity" measure 100% mind you, as I don't fully understand its implications. Tristesse feels that an even typing flow is holy but we know that the best typists do speed up for familiar words and elements and brake down for the trickier ones. Ergo, the best typists in the world choose to have "bad viscosity" to some extent? Hmmm....

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
*** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

DreymaR said:

Yeah, me too. I had no idea that 'what', 'where', 'which' etc were so troublesome for me but apparently they are.

Not trusting the "viscosity" measure 100% mind you, as I don't fully understand its implications. Tristesse feels that an even typing flow is holy but we know that the best typists do speed up for familiar words and elements and brake down for the trickier ones. Ergo, the best typists in the world choose to have "bad viscosity" to some extent? Hmmm....

Yeah the viscositiy is a bit of a tricky one, I get it that typing on a stady pace will make it easier for the fingers to prepare for the next letter and so on, but I'm not going to slow down writing words that I know because I see a difficult one in the sentence. I guess as you said that it hast to be taken "med en klype salt" :p

Hey guys,

Wow, 3 weeks on Colemak already!  My wrists are certainly grateful for the slowdown and I'm starting to feel great about the switch.

Under advisement from you guys I'm using Amphetype for my training now as Typecat was mostly transcribing nonsense which didn't really feel very focused on my weaknesses etc.

After 10 lessons today on Amphetype doing some random stuff and then focusing on some weak areas, my stats are 24.9WPM with accuracy of 95% and viscosity of 1.0 (no too sure on the meaning of that).

My outright speed is not up that much on last week (comparing to typecat so bound to be some discrepancies), but my typing experience is greatly improved. Even after 20+ years of QWERTY I had to regularly glance at the keyboard and had basically worn out my Backspace key, but now, including numbers I can type completely blind except for some passwords with a bunch of symbols in them.

I am still gunning for 30+ WPM over the next two weeks so will increase my focus on the areas that Dreymar suggested.