• You are not logged in.

my arst-dh-neio experience

• Started by abhixec
  • 80 Replies:

Hmmm. Well, I play this game (Clash Royale) on my phone. Sometimes I'm really good and other times really bad. And I don't always realize why. But you do tilt sometimes, and not always in a way you can see yourself. It's the same with typing I feel, some days have great flow and others are awkward. Piano playing, the same.

My best advice would be to enjoy yourself. Relax the demands, type and have a good time. Speed and accuracy will come in time, and for now just have fun.

Last edited by DreymaR (03-Oct-2017 22:18:22)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
*** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

DreymaR said:

Hmmm. Well, I play this game (Clash Royale) on my phone. Sometimes I'm really good and other times really bad. And I don't always realize why. But you do tilt sometimes, and not always in a way you can see yourself. It's the same with typing I feel, some days have great flow and others are awkward. Piano playing, the same.

My best advice would be to enjoy yourself. Relax the demands, type and have a good time. Speed and accuracy will come in time, and for now just have fun.

thanks I will try doing that, thanks!

I'm not saying that focused training doesn't pay off and you should just slack! If you really want to get good, you should train some. Just don't get stressed, because what's the point in that eh? ;-)

Check out my Amphetype topic for some training tips, if you haven't already.

Yes I have now come to an understanding that some days my accuracy and speed drops when I hit a plateau and am trying to up my speed. I still am focusing on improving my accuracy. Sometimes it is good sometimes not so good.
But yeah now I thoroughly love colemak and can't think of colemak anywhere. I am using on my tab and phone too... kind of don't like qwerty anymore in any form ( feels unnatural now)
I am now this crazy guy that changes keyboard layout on all my colleague's laptops that I use. I kind of got them to accept that if I am debugging something for them on their laptop they change or remind me to change the layout to colemak. :D

Last edited by abhixec (03-Nov-2017 06:37:40)

My personal best in terms of accuracy and  speed so far :
ObqR9N4.png
Wish I could hit that accuracy all the time.

I do have days where my speed and accuracy takes a serious hit it is very frustrating to have those kind of days. Wish I had less of those days but seems to be happening almost once a week. :(

Last edited by abhixec (09-Dec-2017 20:16:27)
abhixec said:

My personal best in terms of accuracy and  speed so far :

No incorrect keys at all - very impressive. But I wonder why it deems your accuracy still to be less than 100%!?

Using Colemak-DH with Seniply.

Long since I updated my speed is still lingering in the 70-80WPM range on 10fastfingers. With accuracy ranging anywhere from 98->94.
Any ideas on how I can progress to the next step? My goal is to hit 100wpm with on a consistent basis.
And having accuracy be above 97%

abhixec said:

Long since I updated my speed is still lingering in the 70-80WPM range on 10fastfingers. With accuracy ranging anywhere from 98->94.
Any ideas on how I can progress to the next step? My goal is to hit 100wpm with on a consistent basis.
And having accuracy be above 97%

Usually almost all advice that I hear is focus on accuracy, the speed will come as long as you stay accurate, it's kind of frustrating if you like me are on a plateu though

@stevep99 - think if you typed an incorrect key but then deleted and corrected it *before* you finish the word.

in 10FF that would come up as 0 keystrokes wrong as that counts correct keys in completed words, but accuracy will fall a touch as that is measuring incorrect keys irrespective of words..

bph said:

@stevep99 - think if you typed an incorrect key but then deleted and corrected it *before* you finish the word.

in 10FF that would come up as 0 keystrokes wrong as that counts correct keys in completed words, but accuracy will fall a touch as that is measuring incorrect keys irrespective of words..

I think in my case the problem is that sometimes 10fastfingers takes time to register my keystrokes so even though I am typing correctly sometimes it registers incorrectly but automatically recognizes that I typed it correctly. Not sure if it is latency on the browser side or the internet or??

anyone else feel the slow down when you have to type repeated characters from the home row?
I feel like I need to slow down a little when I have to repeatedly type the keys in the  home row, especially the when it involves 'o'
and combinations of 'r' & 's'

abhixec said:

I feel like I need to slow down a little when I have to repeatedly type the keys in the  home row, especially the when it involves 'o' [...]

I feel you... I have the same problem. It feels like my right pinky is weak or too slow.

Yeah, I don't have that problem too much with my left hand funnily, but my right isn't that much fan of typing doubles, so words like yahoo and book are a bit uncomfortable, but it's getting better, so I guess it's something that gets better with trainging/practice.

It's entirely possible to train alternative fingering for the 'oo' bigram. You could slide in on the first or second 'o', your choice. It might be beneficial once you're used to it!

I'm almost entirely familiar with the alternative 'ue' fingering but the 'eu' still gives me pause and that's the more common one. I came across it so much in my current Amphetype text about Greek mythology. Odd, it isn't as if I have to type Zeus or Perseus or something like that a lot in that text... :-þ

Last edited by DreymaR (26-Feb-2018 16:59:15)

my personal best right now
pTLqKti.png
still working on accuracy...

abhixec said:

I'm not sure if that will ever cease, we'll be always working on accuracy.

sotolf said:
abhixec said:

I'm not sure if that will ever cease, we'll be always working on accuracy.

That is soo true. I guess I would be happy to hit that speed with that accuracy more consistently, rather than that be a one off thing.

Finally touched the 90+WPM :D
kwm3EKJ.jpg

Now that is an achievement. I wish I could hit that right now, but as with anything, this is a process. Nice work!

Do you find that, at high speed, you're kind of surprised when a word comes out perfectly with so little motion? Some phrases I can hit at my old QWERTY speed, and it feels like I'm only typing half of each word, if that!

Last edited by azuvix (06-Apr-2018 04:11:23)

Grats! This is more than I've managed. Kudos!

azuvix said:

Now that is an achievement. I wish I could hit that right now, but as with anything, this is a process. Nice work!

Do you find that, at high speed, you're kind of surprised when a word comes out perfectly with so little motion? Some phrases I can hit at my old QWERTY speed, and it feels like I'm only typing half of each word, if that!

Yeah I have that from time to time when I gain some momentum with speed

DreymaR said:

Grats! This is more than I've managed. Kudos!

Thanks!
Unfortunately it is a one off thing, I am still focusing on accuracy. But as long I focus on accuracy the speed increases.

abhixec said:

Unfortunately it is a one off thing, I am still focusing on accuracy. But as long I focus on accuracy the speed increases.

As long as you're focusing on accuracy it won't be a one off for that long, I think you are going about it in the right way, but what can I say, I'm still lying in the mid sixties :p

I am still in 80's and now my accuracy is dropping too... any idea what might be going wrong? (I haven't been practicing in 10ff) but then I am typing in this layout day in and day out so shouldn't that account for something?
I feel like I still don't have a proper rhythm with colemak? Any thoughts on that?

What's happening to me at least is that as I start to get better at writing with the layout, my focus on accuracy seem to wane, So that is something that need special focus, just focus on accuracy more than speed, while you write, focus on getting the words right rather than raw speed, funnily enough it seems to work out for me at least to a better overall speed since I don't have to correct. It's hard work though, focusing on not getting things wrong.

sotolf said:

What's happening to me at least is that as I start to get better at writing with the layout, my focus on accuracy seem to wane, So that is something that need special focus, just focus on accuracy more than speed, while you write, focus on getting the words right rather than raw speed, funnily enough it seems to work out for me at least to a better overall speed since I don't have to correct. It's hard work though, focusing on not getting things wrong.

I am trying to improve my accuracy because I can clearly see that most of my speed impact is because I hit the wrong key strokes.
But I guess my most concerning thing is that the way I type... I can't seem to find a consistent typing action/typing style....